Demeyere’s multilayer products (frying pans/skillets, conic sauté pans, simmering pans and woks) use 7-Ply, a unique technology consisting of 7 alloys including stainless steel and an aluminium core. It is spread over the bottom and the side of the pans. This technology guarantees that the heat is spread evenly over the whole surface of the pan up to the rim. Hence, complying with the specific requirements of frying, making sauces, stir-frying in a wok, slow-cooking, simmering etc.
Details of the 7-ply
- stainless steel at the inside of the pot (1)
- A thin coat of pure aluminium for perfect adhesion (2)
- A layer of aluminium alloy for heat conduction (3)
- A thin coat of pure aluminium for perfect adhesion (4)
- A combination of three special alloys (TriplInduc) with magnetic properties for optimal use in combination with induction cooking (5-6-7)
The total thickness of the 7 layers is designed with the cooking process in mind and the necessity to control or regulate the temperature:
- 2,3 mm for woks: 230°C at the bottom - 140°C at the sides
- 3 to 3,3 mm for conic sauté pans, simmering pans and certain frying pans (skillets)
- 4,8 mm for professional Proline frying pans (skillets).